Is it better to install Windows 7 or 8.1 on my MacBook Air?

http://ift.tt/1iZHv9S

Two years ago I switched from Windows to OS X and was perfectly happy. However, I just started this evening a course on programming and apparantly our working environment is Visual Basic (C# .NET) and Windows Presentation Foundation right from the start, whereas I was expecting something more general and cross-platfrom like Java FE.


Necessity knows no law and I need to install Windows OS my Mac. I’m familiar with virtualization options, but I have a MacBook Air (specs are included below) so that’s not an option with the limited power inside. So, Bootcamp is probably the most easy and fastest alternative for now (eventually I will purchase a MacBook Pro when my budget allows).


My question is whether – considering the specs – I should go for “Windows 7 Pro x64″ or the latest “Windows 8.1 x64″? I believe both are supported, but I just want things to run smoothly (no driver issues etc.) as I will only use Windows for my courses. Thanks!


MacBook Air

11-inch, Mid 2012

Processor 1,7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

121 GB Flash Storage (SSD)

Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)


Post and answer: Is it better to install Windows 7 or 8.1 on my MacBook Air?







from MakeUseOf Answers http://ift.tt/1mmet7H

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any question please let me know

Microsoft 365 (Office) Insider Preview Build 17715.20000 (Version 2406) Released, Here is What’s New and Fixed

UPDATE: Microsoft 365 Insider (previously known as Office Insider) Preview build 17715.20000 (version 2406) is available for download and in...