Is it better to install Windows 7 or 8.1 on my MacBook Air?

http://ift.tt/1iZHv9S

Two years ago I switched from Windows to OS X and was perfectly happy. However, I just started this evening a course on programming and apparantly our working environment is Visual Basic (C# .NET) and Windows Presentation Foundation right from the start, whereas I was expecting something more general and cross-platfrom like Java FE.


Necessity knows no law and I need to install Windows OS my Mac. I’m familiar with virtualization options, but I have a MacBook Air (specs are included below) so that’s not an option with the limited power inside. So, Bootcamp is probably the most easy and fastest alternative for now (eventually I will purchase a MacBook Pro when my budget allows).


My question is whether – considering the specs – I should go for “Windows 7 Pro x64″ or the latest “Windows 8.1 x64″? I believe both are supported, but I just want things to run smoothly (no driver issues etc.) as I will only use Windows for my courses. Thanks!


MacBook Air

11-inch, Mid 2012

Processor 1,7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

121 GB Flash Storage (SSD)

Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)


Post and answer: Is it better to install Windows 7 or 8.1 on my MacBook Air?







from MakeUseOf Answers http://ift.tt/1mmet7H

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any question please let me know

TIP: How to Restore Classic Theme and UI in Microsoft Edge

If you are annoyed by the new bright theme of Microsoft Edge that features rounded corners, modern toolbar icons, redesigned address bar, et...