Is there any way I can recover the data from my hard drive without voiding the warranty?

http://ift.tt/1iZHv9S

My Western Digital External Hard Drive recently stopped working and started giving a clicking noise. Western Digital says that I need to send it to an authorized data recovery center for the warranty to not be void. However, I am in Sri Lanka and have no method of sending the drive.


It gets recognized by Windows Disk Manger (partially). The first time, it asked me to create a partition table, with MBP or GUID as the options (or something to that extent). Once I select OK, it gives me an error telling that an I/O error occurred. I could not get a screenshot. When I try to recreate the error, it doesn’t appear. Now it just shows that it is an Unknown and Uninitialized Drive My question is this: is there any way to recover the data by using something like a magnetic reader on top of the drive so that it doesn’t need to be opened, which would void the warranty?


According to an answer at How to recover data from dead hard disk (with tic tic noise)? , the problem might be related to “The actuator arm (or whatever controls it).


I appreciate any help ASAP on solving this problem.


Post and answer: Is there any way I can recover the data from my hard drive without voiding the warranty?







from MakeUseOf Answers http://ift.tt/1C6cDvm

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any question please let me know

[Software Update] Google Chrome 124.0.6367.155/156 Stable Released, Here is What’s New and Fixed

UPDATE: Google Chrome 124.0.6367.155/156 stable version is available for download. Good news for Google Chrome users! Google Chrome team has...